Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hurts So Good.

yesterday, i went to a bootcamp workout class with my mom where (excuse my language) i got my ass handed to me by a group of women either:
a) older than me or
b) more overweight than me or
c) both of the above
today, i ache all over but it feels like success. it feels like discovering new boundaries and muscles i never knew existed.

tonight, achy and sore all over, i attended my first yoga class ever (thanks kate!). i stretched my poor muscles and took deep breaths and focused on my center. i learned that worries and stress get stuck in your hips and i think that explains very well why my hips are so big. i also got a reminder to look at the bright side of things and to let go of those worries, so hopefully i'll be dropping a couple inches off these big hips soon ;)

i intend to read a little bit of my book and sleep early tonight. my bed is a little empty but i have two purple post-its on my wall to tell me i'm loved and tomorrow i have my cuddlebuddy back! sweet dreams world.

happy highlights
*a lunch break with a friend for once*meeting a neighbor*playing hookie to go take a lookie at peacocks at the arboretum*long walks with great friends*got started planning a certain bachelorette party*only one day away from a week off*

life. is. good.

No comments:

Post a Comment